Mirantis Training – Educational Server Instances Terms of Service
Account Access Limitations
Mirantis Training may revoke your access to Mirantis Training if you violate, or assist others in violating, the license limitations set forth below. You agree that you will not, in whole or in part or under any circumstances, do the following:
- Derivative Works: Copy or reproduce translate, reverse engineer, derive source code from, modify, disassemble, decompile, or create derivative works based on or related to the Mirantis Training.
- Bots: i.e. any code and/or software, not expressly authorized by Mirantis Training, that allows the automated control of Mirantis Training and/or any component or feature thereof.
- Hacks: i.e. accessing or modifying the software of Mirantis Training in any manner, not expressly authorized by Mirantis Training; and/or
- Any code and/or software, not expressly authorized by Mirantis Training, that can be used in connection with the Mirantis Training system (e.g. software designed to bypass the video encryption of Mirantis Training training videos).
- Disruption: Disrupt or assist in the disruption of (i) any computer used to support Mirantis Training or any lab environment; or (ii) any other student’s learning experience.
- ANY ATTEMPT BY YOU TO DISRUPT MIRANTIS TRAINING OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF ANY TRAINING RESOURCES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS.
- Violation of Laws: Use Mirantis Training, to violate any applicable law or regulation.
- Sharing of Accounts: Only you are allowed to access an account registered in your name. Team/Organizational Admins may transfer a license to a new user once the previous student has been removed from their team with the understanding that all progress, labs, certifications, and scores from the removed account are non-transferable and will be lost. The transfer of accounts between individuals is unauthorized and can result in account termination.
Educational Server Instances [hereafter referred to as “Lab Servers”] can be used for learning purposes during the period of time the user maintains an active subscription to the Mirantis Training site.
During the period of time that the user maintains an active subscription to Mirantis Training, the following activities are expressly forbidden:
- Reselling access to the Lab Server(s)
- Providing any third party utility, server or application that is not in direct relation to the courses available on Mirantis Training
- Using the Lab Server as a mail sender
- Providing web, database or forum access on or through Lab Server(s)
- Deploying or using an internet proxy server
- Use or access in or from ANY commercial production environment under any circumstances
- Download or distribution of site source code
- Distribution of any Mirantis Training downloadable material (including course notes)
Backup and Data Loss
Use of these Lab Server(s) is at the sole risk of the end user. Mirantis Training provides no backup facility or process for backing up user files. Mirantis Training is not responsible for files and/or data that may reside on these servers. The subscriber assumes all responsibility for the backup of files and data stored within each instance.
As these Lab Servers are not intended to be used in any commercial or production environment, Mirantis Training does not offer any guarantees regarding uptime, availability or stability. Use of these servers is at the sole risk of the end user and Mirantis Training shall not be held liable for their use or contents.
Anything that is done or originates from a Lab Server is the sole responsibility of the account holder and Mirantis Training will not provide any legal protection or indemnification for any activity that would be illegal in any state, country or province. Additionally, Mirantis Training will take immediate steps to remediate reported issues that originate from any Lab Server, up to and including any of the following:
- Shutting off the service causing the issue
- Removing the application causing the issue
- Shutting down the server instance
- Disabling the user account responsible for the instance
An active Mirantis Training subscription does not entitle the end user to Lab Server use if it has been determined that it has been abused. Determination of abuse is at the sole discretion of Mirantis Training and can be made at any time for any reason, whether outlined specifically in this agreement or otherwise.
All OnDemand Training payments are non refundable and there are no refunds or credits for partially used periods.
OnDemand Training accounts are to be used only by the user they are assigned to. If an account is found to be shared by multiple users the account will be banned, access will be revoked and it will be deemed non refundable.
OnDemand Training accounts can be transferred to a different user/email as long as the transfer request is received within 48 hours of account activation and the original user has not started progress.