This course is for administrators, deployment engineers, or other IT team members responsible for the installation/deployment of OpenStack. The course provides participants with a detailed understanding of all of the steps necessary to deploy an OpenStack environment from scratch. Through the process of manually deploying OpenStack, rather than depending on deployment tools and scripts, students learn where to identify issues and how to overcome hurdles for when things go wrong. This course requires students to be very familiar with the command-line and to have already taken OS100 or OS110 courses. The course is broken up into two sections: lectures and labs.
The lectures provide OpenStack Architecture Recap, Production OpenStack - Use cases, best practices, configuration, CEPH Storage, and the Fuel Demo.
The labs provide students with hands-on experience through the manual deployment of OpenStack from scratch. Students will also learn to troubleshoot common issues on the same environment.
With an extensive curriculum that covers installing and verifying a wide array of OpenStack projects, including Keystone, Glance, and Neutron, the OS200 course is a logical next step for Mirantis students who have completed the OpenStack Bootcamp I (OS100).
- Average required time to pass the course: 3 days
- Access to labs: 3 days
- Lab Extensions: 3 maximum
- Access to lectures: 1 year
Audience & Prerequisites
Deployment Engineers, System administrators and Technical IT Professionals who require the skills needed to troubleshoot and install an OpenStack Environment from the ground up. This course is best suited to individuals with previous OpenStack experience (such as OS100) with a strong set of linux command line experience.
Objectives and Outline
- Manually Installing and Configuring OpenStack
- Troubleshooting OpenStack Environments
- OpenStack Best Practices
- Identifying Production Deployment Typology
- Using the Command Line Interface and Dashboard
Please review our syllabus for the course objectives and outline.
To access our cloud hosted lab environment, student will need a laptop computer with a ssh client and a web browser.
- Presentations and Workbooks provided by Instructor
- Access to Cloud based labs for duration of class
- Certificate of Completion
- Began career as a Systems Engineer, automating, deploying, maintaining Linux & Unix systems
- OpenStack experience includes deployment, configuration, cloud operation & troubleshooting
- Has led trainings on a range of topics, including Linux administration and Java development
"Mirantis training not only gives you the hands-on experience all administrators need, but it also gives you the knowledge needed to understand the internals of the material."
Learn a little more about Devin: After completing studies in Computer Science, Devin began his professional career as a Systems Engineer automating, deploying, and maintaining Linux and Unix systems. He then began training professionals in topics ranging from Linux System Administration to Java software development.
Devin’s extensive experience includes deployment and configuration, cloud operation, and troubleshooting.
When not working: Devin enjoys traveling, bicycling, and anything hockey related.