Kubernetes and Docker Bootcamp (KD100) is a training for software developers, architects, deployment engineers, or other IT team members responsible for the automated deployment, scaling, management, and running of applications.
This course requires students to be very familiar with the Linux command line. The course is broken up into two sections: lectures and labs.
The lectures provide an introduction to Docker and Kubernetes. Students will learn how to use Docker for developing, shipping, and running applications. Also, students will learn how to use Kubernetes to automate deployment, scaling, and management of containerized applications.
The labs provide hands-on experience through the installation of a Docker and Kubernetes cluster from scratch. Students will also learn how to run a Docker container, build a new Docker image and configure it. Over the length of the course, students will use Kubernetes to deploy and manage a simple web application.
- Strong experience using Linux command line
- Understanding of the software development lifecycle
- A general understanding of virtualization concepts
- Experience with networking concepts
- Understand how a simple web application works
- Laptop with any OS
- Any web browser supporting HTML5
- SSH Client - Optional
- Began career as a Systems Engineer, automating, deploying, maintaining Linux & Unix systems
- OpenStack experience includes deployment, configuration, cloud operation & troubleshooting
- Has led trainings on a range of topics, including Linux administration and Java development
"Mirantis training not only gives you the hands-on experience all administrators need, but it also gives you the knowledge needed to understand the internals of the material."
Learn a little more about Devin: After completing studies in Computer Science, Devin began his professional career as a Systems Engineer automating, deploying, and maintaining Linux and Unix systems. He then began training professionals in topics ranging from Linux System Administration to Java software development.
Devin’s extensive experience includes deployment and configuration, cloud operation, and troubleshooting.
When not working: Devin enjoys traveling, bicycling, and anything hockey related.